Apr 28, 2007

Correction and clarification

I overlooked Sis' comments when I first posted the Apr. 27th diary entry. I'd figured that the Canteen Dot and Sis visited that night was one for service men and women. But as Sis says below, it was for teens. She also clarifies who Pete was, and has a couple of words about Hal.

Sis comments (for Apr. 27th):
“The neighborhoods started ‘Teen Canteens’, although Englewood never had one. I forget how far away Grand Crossings was. Probably 7000 or 8000 South. They had games, pool tables and a juke box. Pop and snacks were provided. It was a new experience for us and we had a good time.

Pete was Ginny's boyfriend, or I should say ‘friend’. I believe she went out with him more for the car he had and not for his looks or personality. (Cruel, but true!) It didn't bother us for we got around pretty good with Ginny and him.

Hal is a regular tattle-taler!”

No comments:

Post a Comment